DYCONEX, an MST company, offers an advanced rigid multilayer substrate material permitting ultra-thin build-ups for various high frequency applications, particularly suitable for HF chip packaging.
The material delivers low dielectric properties (low Dk and low Df) combined with a low thermal expansion coefficient (CTE) and high dielectric strength. Using any layer technology, the substrates layers are only connected by laser drilled, copper filled microvias that allow for high-density/high-reliability designs. Other HDI build-up solutions are also available.
Additional substrate features include:
- Epoxy based
- Ultra-thin any layer HDIs from 4 layers (~220 μm) to 8 layers (~350 μm) with highest reliability
- Impedance controlled ultra-fine line technology (down to 25 μm)
- High density pitch design (~175 μm)
- Smallest via (50 μm) in pad (100 μm)
- EN 9100:2009 certification
To learn more about the material characteristics, design features, and layer build-up characteristics, download the brochure.