Engineering Polymer: GUR® HMW-PE 1001
Celanese has recently added to its portfolio the new medical compliant injection moldable GUR® high molecular weight polyethylene 1001 with unique properties. Its high molecular weight is responsible for imparting the product characteristics in the resulting molded parts.
These properties make GUR® HMW-PE an engineering polymer that is successfully used in several Class II and Class III medical devices and high performing implants.
Product Features Include:
- Self-lubricating (no stick-slip)
- Outstanding wear resistance with excellent sliding properties
- High notched impact strength
- Very good resistance to stress cracking
- Very good chemical resistance
- Suitable for various sterilization methods
- Crosslinking improves dynamic COF without compromising wear resistance
For more information about this product, download the available datasheet.