Complementing the high cost of medical device manufacturing, there is a high value placed on the sterility and quality of the final product which are the main reasons for successful integration of Seal-Scan® airborne ultrasound seal inspection for medical device packaging.
Seal-Scan® technology characterizes seals that appear visually acceptable yet possess defects that affect product quality and shelf-life. Seal-Scan® is an offline inspection system used for the detection of seal defects, seal characterization and material analysis. Seal-Scan® is an excellent tool to analyze the sealing process that is ultimately the key to a good quality seal.
Seal-Scan® technology provides advanced digital imaging software tools for process control which offers in-depth seal quality analysis. Seal-Sensor is the online configuration for automated inline scanning of pouch seals that will find defects 100% online.
- Characterizes overall quality and uniformity of the seal
- Non-destructive solution for process control/quality control/process optimization
- Analyzes seal quality
- Provides statistical sealing trend analysis
- Produces high resolution Opto-Acoustic image of seal
- Replaces visual and/or destructive inspection methods
- Supports sustainable packaging and zero waste initiatives