Back To Basics: Breaking Down The Fundamentals Of Filters
To help our customers with filter selection, we generally provide a lot of detailed information on what our various filters can do. However, we thought it also might be really helpful for our customers if we took a step back and covered some background information on how filters do what they do. Regardless of the technology behind the filter, there are several key concepts that all filters share. Therefore, we decided it was time to bring together our top engineers so that we could compile their extensive filtering knowledge into a comprehensive Filter Basics ebook.
Our new ebook provides a wealth of detailed fundamental filter information with the goal of helping customers simplify their future filtering decisions. While there is a lot of information conveyed throughout the ebook, the content is broken down into the following easy-to-digest sections:
- An introduction to resistance, capacitance, and inductance
- How to design basic filter circuits
- Five filter specifications to understand
- Key filter types and technologies
- The differences between lumped element and distributed element filter construction
- An overview of waveguides and transmission lines
- Different approaches to Q factor
- An in-depth look at bandwidth
- An introduction to poles and zeros
- How to use resonators as microwave devices
- An overview of what S parameters are and what they can tell you about a filter
By sharing our filter technology expertise, we hope we can help simplify the critical work you are doing on some of the world’s most demanding applications – from medical devices to military and aerospace technologies to next-generation of electric vehicles.
Get unlimited access to:
Enter your credentials below to log in. Not yet a member of Med Device Online? Subscribe today.