A pharmaceutical company and their product design partner were in need of a contract manufacturer capable of supporting the device development, injection molding, tooling, supply chain logistics and scale up automation strategy. The customer had developed a novel breath actuated pulmonary device and they were looking for the right manufacturer to assist them with product development refinement, samples for clinical trials and ultimately commercialization.
- scale-up from single cavity tools to multi-cavity tools coupled with the significant tight tolerances
- mold/assemble multiple components using new materials within customer specifications.
- Build multiple tools using DFx and develop a process to produce to scale.
- Meet the required critical processing parameters
- Develop an automation solution for both the molding & assembly
- Integrate the assembly processes utilising different automation platforms and verify device functionality.