DSM Biomedical: “Solving our world’s healthcare needs through sustainable science.”
DSM Biomedical is committed to the research and development of sustainable technology delivering innovative novel biomaterial solutions.
Our Biomaterials technology portfolio includes:
- UHMW Polyethylene (fiber, powder, and membrane): Clinical use in Orthopedics and Cardiovascular for 15+ years. Medical Grade UHMWPE fiber in compliance with today’s ASTM standard. Gold standard for high strength Orthopedic sutures.
- Collagen: best-in-class platform. 25 years of clinical use. Implanted in 40 million patients worldwide
- Bioceramics: Leading Partner of biocomposite Orthopedic fixation. 150,000+ synthetic bone grafts manufactured annually
- Drug Delivery Solutions: PolyEsterAmide (PEAs)-Bioresorbable platform supporting sustained drug delivery
- Polyurethanes: 30 years of clinical history, 7 master file families at the FDA, over 10M CGM monitoring device used annually.
- Hydrophilic Coatings: Hydrophilic single and duel layer technology
- Extracellular Matrices: 3 distinct tissue for custom handling, 25 peer reviewed articles, sold commercially for over 10 years.
- Cell Concentration: LAVA Technology yields greater than 7x platelet concertation with less than 3 minutes processing time.
Our 30 + years of biomaterials expertise expands multiple medical specialties (i.e. Orthopedics, Cardiovascular, Drug Delivery, Dental, and Diabetes).
We help our medical device and pharmaceutical Partners offer customized solutions meeting their individual needs and specifications. Supporting you every step of the way, from ideation through full commercialization.
DSM Biomedical is unrivaled experts in biomaterial science, committed Partners driving sustainable innovation in healthcare.
To learn more please click link below or visit their LinkedIn profile.
DSM Biomedical offers hydrophilic, lubricious, non-biofouling coating technologies. DSM offers ready-to-use coating reagents that can be applied onto a range of substrates using various coating techniques. This video gives a demonstration of the most widely used application process for DSM’s medical coatings, specifically a dipcoating with a UV curing process.
In this video, Drs. Gino Bradica and Jens Thies discuss how several different DSM technologies are being leveraged to help in the global response to the Covid-19 crisis.
In this video, Gino Bradica, PhD, Director of Technical Support, and Jens Thies, PhD, Senior Science Fellow, discuss how DSM is treating heart disease with its biostable and biocompatible polyurethanes and its high-strength and low-profile ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) fibers. These unique biomaterials offer sustainable solutions for the design of the next generation of heart valve replacements.
In this video, Gino Bradica, PhD, and Jens Thies discuss how DSM is managing diabetes with its polyurethane technology used in continuous glucose monitor sensors and its proprietary resorbable polyesteramide technology used in drug delivery.
In this video, Jens Thies and Gino Bradica, PhD, discuss how DSM is correcting scoliosis with its polyethylene technology, helping patients around the world.
In this video, Gino Bradica and Jens Thies discuss how DSM responds to the issue of treating infections, helping patients around the world.
DSM Biomedical's newest innovation provides partners in vascular interventions with a more sustainable, best-in-class quality coating, enabling significant operational efficiencies. Built on the superior performance of ComfortCoat® Dual Layer Coating, the ComfortCoat® Single Layer Coating is the fastest coating process in the industry and ideally used for vascular interventions.
DSM introduces ComfortCoat® Single Layer coating for vascular interventions. This new, easy and ready-to-use product enables significant operational efficiencies while being more sustainable, coating faster and without any mixing required.
PurSil® Thermoplastic Silicone Polyether Polyurethane (TSPU) is a novel copolymer that is strong yet flexible with proven biocompatibility and biostability. Because of its outstanding flexibility, oxidative stability and thromboresistance, PurSil® TSPU is used in a wide range of medical devices, including ophthalmic, anastomotic, and continuous glucose monitoring.
DSM offers a variety of processes for a range of medical-grade polymers to provide specific physical properties and resultant biologic benefits.
The Meso Wound Matrix™ Scaffold is a strong, thin acellular biologic dermal substitute designed to act as a support to the body’s regenerative tissue repair process during wound healing. It is derived from porcine peritoneum membrane and processed using DSM’s Optrix™ tissue cleansing methodology, optimized to remove antigens while preserving desirable tissue scaffold properties and components.